Following his beheading and immolation at the hands of Edward and Bella, Aro found himself in what he knew from the memories of countless humans as a ‘waiting room.’
The walls were painted a dull sea-green, the floor was faded linoleum tile, and rows of uncomfortable chairs filled the space (along with a few end tables piled haphazardly with magazines). At the front of the room was a desk where a bored middle aged woman sat.
Aro noted that several of his departed dear ones already occupied many of the chairs. Demetri was there, drumming his fingers on his leg impatiently. Alec was comforting a clearly incensed Jane. Caius looked equally enraged, while Marcus sat with a serene smile on his face. It was only then that he noticed, sitting in a chair near the front desk, the figure of his dear friend whom he had murdered not a half hour ago.
“My, this is awkward,” Aro said.
Carlisle looked up for just a moment before turning his gaze back to his magazine.
“You were right after all, old friend. There IS some kind of Afterlife for us.” Aro looked around, his expression grim. “Is this … it?”
Carlisle sighed and set down his magazine. “No, this is merely processing. We move on from here. The Clearwater children have already made it through. There’s been a …delay for the rest of us.”
"St. Carlisle and his ilk have thrown a wrench into the well-oiled system, apparently," Demetri said with a roll of his eyes. "THEY are why we are stuck here."
"Please be patient, Sir. We’ve never dealt with vegetarian vampires before," the woman at the desk explained. "Irina caused enough of a problem, but Dr. Cullen here is nothing we’ve seen before," she said, frowning at the paperwork in front of her. "And Mr. Whitlock’s decision to turn his life around should surely carry some weight… We’ve had to re-evaluate our Judgement process for vampires. We’ll have an answer for you all shortly.”
Demetri huffed and the rest of the assembled vampires—vegetarian and otherwise—returned to waiting.
Aro cautiously sat next to his former friend. “Are you very angry with me?”
"You killed me."
"Surely you would not let a little thing like murder get in the way of centuries of friendship!"
"I have nothing more to say to you."
Aro pouted, truly hurt. He looked toward the entryway to see his killers, Edward and Bella, arrive.
"Awkward indeed," he muttered.
- trenchcoatthevegbian reblogged this from panlight
- persefone88 likes this
- scelinea likes this
- pacificnorthwestvamps reblogged this from panlight
- loki-and-sherlock-fandom-rulers likes this
- aladysarmour likes this
- squirreltastic reblogged this from panlight
- isabella1159 likes this
- moreromanthandane likes this
- neverfeelsodeadafter reblogged this from panlight
- cristxnbxsvxv reblogged this from panlight and added:
- cristxnbxsvxv likes this
- violetstorm7309 reblogged this from panlight and added:
- violetstorm7309 likes this
- maykhaleesi likes this
- damned-forever reblogged this from panlight
- just4me4950 likes this
- prince-pendragon likes this
- sailoreuterpe reblogged this from panlight
- fayesophia likes this
- sannedelange1999 likes this
- nurse-joyfreeman likes this
- jane-of-suburbia reblogged this from geezerwench
- geezerwench reblogged this from panlight
- geezerwench likes this
- explodingpineapples likes this
- dudesorriso reblogged this from panlight
- dudesorriso likes this
- midwinter-sun likes this
- wind-intheshadow reblogged this from panlight
- down-with-teacups likes this
- entrapyourdreams likes this
- irisprim likes this
- lifeisdebubbles likes this
- ladylokiwhitlock reblogged this from panlight
- h0neyb1rd likes this
- aroojshah likes this
- mrs-masen-cullen likes this
- mrs-masen-cullen reblogged this from panlight
- the-planters-daughter likes this
- sockfairy likes this
- alicegv reblogged this from panlight
- alicegv likes this
- bringonthecomet1 likes this
- memphismariafire likes this
- nautilustude likes this
- down-in-dixie likes this
- panlight posted this